In this Whiff, we turn our attention to Gameweek 30 reviews, player analyses, and the weekly whiffs.
Fantasy Football Analysis
Chris Glover of PL Fantasy, writes a guest post over at Fantasy Football Scout that analyzes the three different ways to plan for the last nine Gameweeks.
A shout out to Fantasy Premier League Hints who had an excellent recommended player for Gameweek 30 in Kieran Gibbs. To be fair, Never Captain Nicky Butt also picked Gibbs to produce the goods and they’re “feeling a bit smug”.
Fantasy Football Cheat featured and excellent article focusing on the reliance on top goal scorers.
Jonty at the Fantasy Football Scout highlights Leighton Baines’s attraction for Fantasy players, using Everton’s end of season fixture as a solid argument.
Four Four Two analyzed the weekend games, highlighting the high number of Tottenham shots, Aston Villa’s limpness in front of goal, and David Fox’s creativity.
Zonal Marking breaks down the tactical elements of Manchester City’s 2 – 1 win over Chelsea, emphasizing what a “great range of options City have”.
EPL Index has an interesting article on Mikel Arteta, subtitled “Arsenal’s pivotal playmaker”.
Football Follower breaks down [Antonio Valencia’s excellent game against Wolves][FooFoll1].
Richard Jolly lauds Samir Nasri’s contribution in his review of the City vs Chelsea game.
Kevin Palmer bemoans the lack of excitement in the Chelsea vs Tottenham game claiming “the first half of this game was as dour as any played in this season’s Premier League”.
Norman Hubbard argues that Phil Jones’s “incredible potential but not a position” will lead to him being on the margins for his country in the summer.
- …funny whiff: Four Four Two celebrates the joker legend, Jimmy Bullard. Check out the videos at the end of the post. Well worth watching for a laugh.
- …whiff of genius: Peter Crouch’s thunder volley against Manchester City.
- …whiff of a moan: Add Roberto Mancini to the list of managers complaining about Stoke rugged performance.
- …whiff of temper: Keeping to the Mancini theme, Balotelli bore the brunt of his anger at Carrington training ground.
- …whiff of a podcast: If you haven’t already, check out Fantasy Premier League Transfers’ entertaining Fantasy Football podcast. It’s well worth the listen.
Am I missing interesting analysis or articles this week? I would love to hear from you so please leave your comment and/or link in the comment section below.