In this Whiff, we turn our attention to Gameweek 9 reviews, player and match analyses, forecasting player performance, and the weekly whiffs.
My Gameweek 9 Review focused on whether RvP should be in all Fantasy teams, Aguero vs. Tevez, Suarez finding consistency, and the delivery of Fantasy elites. The Fantasy Football Addict Dream Team article analyzed the highest scorers of the Gameweek. Shots on Target presentation of the top players in Gameweek 9 is inspired.
The Fantasy Gaffer broke down the Fulham midfield.
Paul, at the Fantasy Football Scout, analyzed Michu’s move upfront in Swansea’s win against Wigan.
Henry Winter wrote about the Chelsea v Manchester United game, focusing on Mark Clattenburg’s alleged use of “inappropriate language”. John Brewin chimed in with his perspective, claiming that the “Clattenburg affair is officially a crisis“. Unlike the Terry case, video evidence failed to provide any proof.
while the Guardian felt Chelsea were not particularly hard done by
Zonal Marking’s Michael Cox covered the Everton v Liverpool game, noting Everton’s pressing and Liverpool’s half-time switch to 3-5-2.
The Four Four Two team pulled out the numbers in the The Stats Zone. Worth noting from the article: Sunderland have “managed just 12 shots on target this season, while every other side has had at least 28”.
101 Great Goals covered the ruling & precedents for Agger’s disallowed goal against Anzhi.
- …peculiar whiff: Is the greatest goalkeeper on the planet a toilet?.
- …Champions League whiff: James Richardson’s European paper review is always a delight.
- …whiff of a dive: Pathetic.
- …whiff of genius: Neymar’s wonder goal v Atletico Mineiro.
- …funny whiff: Alan Davies’s Olivier Giroud impression from the excellent Tuesday Club podcast.
- …whiff of tekkers: The best woman’s futsal goal ever?.