On Wednesdays we take a whiff of the Fantasy League blogosphere, as well as other relevant Premier League articles. This week, we turn our attention to Premier League analysis, praising Rooney, injury news, and the weekly whiffs.
Fantasy and Football Analysis
- FourFourTwo.com Stats Zone analysis reveals the importance of Joey Barton, attacking instincts of Baines, Wright-Philips potential for QPR, and Silva’s excellence in the attacking third of the pitch.
- Another article from Four Four Two has analysis of the Stoke v Liverpool game, as well as highlighting Nasri’s and Meireles’ contribution.
- Praising Rooney is the latest craze. Now his teammate, Michael Carrick, chimes in.
In injury news:
- Johnson is out injured again, having aggravated his hamstring in his comeback against Stoke.
- Cleverley is out, although for less time than feared.
- Tottenham’s skipper, Dawson, is ruled otu for two months.
…whiff of scandal: In case you missed it, Gary Cook is no longer head honcho of Manchester City’s operations.
…whiff of temper: Van der Vaart can not understand why he was left out of Tottenham’s Europa League squad.
…funny whiff: The Guardian has a funny Clichy quote, in an otherwise innocent article: “Fortunately I am not playing for Arsenal any more”.
As always, please comment below.