On Wednesdays we take a whiff of the Fantasy League blogosphere, as well as other relevant Premier League articles. We turn our attention to Fantasy Premier League analysis, City’s defence, transfer deadline day analysis, the fixture list, and injury news.
- The Fantasy Gaffer shows us (again) how to think about our Fantasy team. Starting with the premise of an expensive forward line, he goes on to evaluate value midfielders.
- Fantasy Football Scout looks at the impact of set-piece takers. Arteta is likely to take over some set-piece duties at Arsenal. Also watch out for Nasri’s and Mata’s impact at their new clubs.
- Somen Tchoyi likely to play as a striker in Gameweek 4, argues the Fantasy Gaffer.
- PL Fantasy answers reader questions.
- Declan Warrington argues that City’s defence could be their undoing in the title bid. Interestingly, Backpage Football also notes City’s apparent defensive frailties, commenting that Mancini should have secured a top notch central defender this transfer window.
- Speaking of City’s defence: Kolo Toure is back; Lescott’s value diminshes.
- Is there “a cause for optimism on Tyneside?“
- Mark Redford shows that Dzeko has always had a great second year.
- FourFourTwo has a delicious analysis outlining Cleverley’s growing influence, Nasri’s impressive attacking passing, and Mata’s promising start.
Transfer Day Analysis
- Never Captain Nicky Butt ponders the Fantasy influence of the deadline day transfers, while PL Fantasy is disapointed.
- Fantasy Football Cheat has a look at opportunities from the transfer window.
- Further analysis by the Fantasy Football Scout, Fantasy Premier League Tips, Matt Lawton.
- The Fantasy Football Scout frisks the fixtures.
- Fantasy Football cheat takes a look at the fixture list, listing out the teams’ good runs and tough spells in the near future.
In injury news:
- Van de Vaart is out for six weeks.
- Never Captain Nicky Butt notes that Baines, Adam, and Bent could all miss Gameweek 4 due to injury.
- Wilshere will be sidelined for a further two months due to a persistent problem with his right ankle.
- Fantasy Gaffer reports on the injuries.
…whiff of pain: Ouch!
…whiff of fresh air: Diego Lugano’s incredible farewell from Fenerbahce fans.
…whiff of scandal: Spain and Chile brawl on Fifa’s fair play day.
…whiff of temper: I’ll bite. You?
…funny whiff: David De Gea just can’t catch a break. Amazing back heel goal.
…whiff of Mike Ashley: Mike Ashley, Newcastle owner, stripping down in a Chinese restaurant. Brilliant.
As always, please comment below.