In this Whiff, we turn our attention to Gameweek 28 analysis, player analyses, the fixtures, defender statistics, and the weekly whiffs.
Fantasy Football Analysis
Phil McGraw of Fantasy Premier League Transfers ponders over statistics for defenders and makes valid points regarding form and picking differentials.
Fantasy Football Cheat recommends Manchester United players for the run in; the have Rooney, Valencia, and Evans in their team.
The Fantasy Football Scout notes highlight Ferguson’s praise for Valencia, pointing towards the Ecuadorian winger cementing the right wing spot.
Martin Samuel celebrates the Chelsea v Napoli game, praising both teams and giving Di Matteo (some) credit for the victory.
Zonal Marking has an informative piece on where on the pitch attacks come from in the Premier League.
The FouFourTwo team analyzes the fixtures from Gameweek 28, highlighting Leon Britton´s and Antonio Valencia´s excellence.
K%ck Off examines the effect of 90th minute winners in the Premier League this season.
Kevin Palmer wonders whether Abramovich is planning to appoint John Terry as the new Chelsea manager.
Brendan Rodgers is loving life at Swansea, citing his family’s happiness, his team, and the lack of political games.
The mind games start, as Evans tries to pile pressure on Manchester City players.
- …whiff of a psychic: John Spencer, manager of the Portland Timbers, calls the goal a second before it happens.
- …whiff of genius: Marko Vucinic thunders in a 30 yarder to secure the cup final place for Juventus, beating AC Milan 4-3 on aggregate.
- …whiff of the England job: Martin Samuel argues that England is a job too far for Roy Hodgson.
- …whiff of jackasses: Some lesser humans vandalized Sir Bobby Robsons memorial garden.
- …whiff of an own goal: Calamity James strikes again.
Am I missing interesting analysis or articles this week? I would love to hear from you so please leave your comment and/or link in the comment section below.