This week, we turn our attention to Gameweek 28 reviews, player analyses, and the weekly whiffs. We also cover interesting older articles, since the column has been on hiatus for the past few weeks.
Fantasy Football Analysis
Reader chemikills posted a review of defenders in the Fantasy Premier League over at TotalFPL.
Chris Glover, at PL Fantasy, posted statistics on the strength of schedule remaining which is well worth the look.
On Football discusses the visual display of qualitative information and how it relates to football. Check out the links to the excellent video, calling for more analysis from football broadcasters: “Soccer and the Mechanics of Sport on T.V.”.
K%ck Off has an excellent summary of the most prolific goal scorers in the Premier League this season.
Looking at older articles, there were several interesting game reviews and analysis:
- Footballistically reviewed the crazy Chelsea v Manchester United game, analyzing Young’s and Torres’ contributions.
- In their standard five things article, the Guardian pointed out that RvP has scored almost half of Arsenal’s league goals and that David de Gea has earned Manchester United more points than he has caused the to lose.
The results from the managers’s survey are illustrated in a slide show in the Telegraph.
- …whiff of scandal: Chinese football brawl. Woof!
- …whiff of tekkers: Andres Iniesta’s amazing footwork.
- …whiff of a jackass: Roger Johnson shows up drunk for training.
- …peculiar whiff: Ferguson asked not to talk about vacant England manager’s job.
Am I missing interesting analysis or articles this week? I would love to hear from you so please leave your comment and/or link in the comment section below.