On Wednesdays we take a whiff of the Fantasy League blogs, as well as other relevant Premier League articles. This week, we turn our attention to player analysis, goal involvement, and the weekly whiffs.
Fantasy Football Analysis
WhydidIcaptainScholes? recommends Clint Dempsey as an underrated scorer of Fantasy points from midfield.
Football Statistics and Analysis
Kick Off calculated the goal involvement of all Premier League players. A glance through the post before you buy or sell during the break can’t be harmful.
EPL Index presents the stats for Wolves’ Jamie O’Hara, highlighting his play in the hole.
- …whiff of Dortmund: What an amazing atmosphere! Dortmund’s fans’ “collossal skull tifo“.
- …funny whiff: Daniel Levine collection of impressions are impressive. His Mourinho is spot on.
- …whiff of a scandal: Suarez has been charged by the FA for racially abusing Evra.
- …whiff of a miss: Rada will not be able to look at an open goal without wincing for a long time.
- …whiff of genius: Suarez scores four in Uruguay 4 – 0 win over Chile.
- …whiff of celebration: A slight miscalculation for Santos’s celebration evokes the giggle factor.
- …whiff of tekkers: Kompany’s elegant pass for Belgium during the international break is not part of the Sunday league player’s range.
- …whiff of temper: Al-Abed probably stubbed his toe before coming on. Hence the aggression, two-footed tackle, and kneeing in the back. 101 Great Goals descriptions here.
- …whiff of a dive: Altintop. Dive. Pathetic.